I believe that the best location from where to buy Japanese traditional gift, souvenirs and goods is a Japanese site: h2.dion.ne.jp. And not just your average site, but one that is a directory, containing hyperlinks towards tens of other sites, from where you can actually buy products, such as metal carving goods, Japanese T-shirts, sushi candles, Japanese dolls, kimonos, Japanese scenery mousepads, gift spoons, samurai dolls, wooden dolls, pins, sumo dolls, magnets, Japanese yukata, happy coats, Japanese sash, sandals for ladies, Japanese-style fans, fortune cats and many others.
1. The first product we present is a Japanese mousepad representing the Kinkakuji Temple. I have to tell you that all the presents have their prices expressed in Japanese currency, which is the YEN. This one is ¥630. You can buy it from japanesegift.jp, which offers international deliveries too. In fact, the products are presented in English, otherwise I would not be capable of presenting them as well. Regarding this particular item, this is a mousepad that shows the most famous Japanese temple surrounded by a beautiful garden. Kinkakuji is a Golden Pavilion in Kyoto. It is a good present for a friend that uses a personal computer, but also as an interior decoration. It has 18 x 22 x 0.3 cm.
2. The second product is included in the Japanese Dolls category and although we are talking about a doll, which is most likely destined to a girl/woman, you can offer this present to a man as well, because it represents a traditional Japanese gift. These products can be bought from the same site. We have chosen a Japanese doll, that has a blue kimono parasol and is ¥3150. This doll has 33 x 14 x 13.5 cm and can be added to your Japanese doll collection. If you buy it as a gift, make sure to offer it to someone that appreciates the mysterious beauty and modesty of Japanese women. This is a popular gift for foreign people, because it also expresses the Japanese kimono culture. It will be carefully packaged into a box, so that it will not be damaged during the transport.
3. This is a DVD that will teach you how to make sushi. It is made by a sushi expert, that sells this DVD for ¥1500. The information is divided into 3 chapters, the first one presenting a little bit about the sushi culture, the second teaching you how to make hand rolls, sushi rolls, nigiri and variations of sushi and the third one showing great info about the rules and manners when eating sushi. The DVD is available in both English and Japanese.
At 18, you are interested in music, gadgets, geek toys, video games and many others. Today, we will present several Japanese products, that can be bought from thinkgeek.com. Most of them are designed by British or American companies, but taking into consideration Japanese designs and materials.
1. These products look like some paint tools, only that they are the Star Wars chop sabers ($12.99). They will help you eat, being created for the people that appreciate Star Wars characters, such as Yoda, Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker. These products are imported from Japan and are designed by a Japanese company. They are 23 cm long, the exception being the green Yoda chopsticks, that have 20 cm. Lightsabers do not slice flesh with their lights, like a regular Lucasfilm saber would probably do. This is why they can be used by children as well for a great eating experience.
2. This is a game that your 18-year-old girl or boy is going to appreciate, because it will surely alleviate daily boredom. It is about the Fiendish Japanese Pocket Puzzle ($9.99). There are so many puzzles that you can buy, such as for example the nutcase, equa, quartet, cage, elk, chain, heart, baroq, radix, enigma, laby and vortex. They are made from metal. Like the products presented earlier, these too are also imported from Japan. Unfortunately, for those that expect solutions to come in the package, they are not included.
3. The next product is the Origami Sticky Notes Set ($3.99). With it, you can turn your old notes into 3D paper models. Those that don't know what Origami is, learn that this is an old Japanese art of using paper folding to create different patterns without using glue or cutting that paper. You can practice origami in the office in order to relax, take classes of origami and create beautiful decorations for your house. And thanks to this set, now you can use something fun for those tense moments at the office.
4. This is a little artificial plant that wants to resemble to a natural plant. Meet the flip-flop solar plant! This is only $5.99 and is definitely a great item to be placed on your desk. It is recommended to those that lack green thumbs in their office or why not, in their house as well. This little Japanese gadget, that doesn't require batteries, reacts to sunlight by bobbing its leaves. It has about 3 inches in height.
5. Who likes sushi? If you don't, don't worry, because I will not recommend this dish, but only the plush sushi ($2.99). These little things are too cute to eat.
Nine-year-old girls likr toys better than other products, so I recommend this category when making a birthday gift.
1. Of course, you cannot buy a racing car or a truck for your little girl, because these items are mostly dedicated to boys, but you can buy this next product: Mouse in a Matchbox (17.99 GBP). This is a very interesting product designed by Camel and Yak, a manufacturer from Surrey, Great Britain. The developer says that this is an adorable set, that contains a gorgeous baby girl or boy mouse. Please note that some of the accessories that you see in the image are not included in the package. However, they can be included, if the customer requires this. In other words, you will receive only a matchbox and inside of this, a little mouse for this price tag.
2. Some children may be frightened by mice, this is why instead of buying the previous product, I recommend you the Noah’s Ark, designed by MintyHen and sold for 29.95 GBP. This is an amazing product; you just fold-down the door on the side and the animals will go 2 by 2 to find their place in Noah's Ark. All the toys designed by this company are soft, handmade and hand finished. They are recommended to children that are at least 18 months or up. The dimensions of this ark are of 35 x 30 cm. Another good thing related to this product is that if you ever lose a piece related to your toy, the manufacturer is willing to provide you with the missing piece for free.
3. The girls may not play with cars, but they definitely play with soldiers. They play with them, because they don't really understand what is the purpose of a soldier. They simply consider them as dolls. So we recommend for your 9-year-old girl to buy this Soldier Skittle Set, created by Carry Me Home. It is 12 GBP and is produced in London. The set contains 6 wooden soldiers and a yellow ball. Each skittle is 10 cm tall. They are hand painted and a great little reminder of London town.
4. Because we are discussing about wooden products, let me recommend another one, this time designed by The Letteroom: the Personalized Wooden Name Train. This is a very cheap product: only 5 GBP. As you can see, you will receive colorful letter carriages, that create your very own magnetic name train. Just like the previous products as well, this too is hand painted and hand finished. I have to say that this price is only for the train; a letter is 2.50 GBP each.
When you are 30, most of your principles are changed, meaning that you stop using products created especially for very young people. Well, this is not exactly OK to happen, if you like floral designs on your purses, for example. You can still use the things that you have used when you were 24, let's say, but you also start to use items created for 30-year-olds, such as moisturizing creams (especially the ladies), you start to apply different makeups, try to dress up a little more classical and so on.
Without breaking the boundary between a very young and a young adult, I will present today items that can be used by a 30-year-old woman, products that can be used as well by a 20-year-old girl. Once again I tell you, the older woman will not seem weird when using these products, because they are dedicated to women from 20 to 40 or 50, if your heart is still young.
1. This product is great even for your grandmother and here I talk about the black purse, because I don't see a senior woman wearing red or purple. The product presented at number one is the Bohemia leather satchel, designed by Bohemia. It is sold for 75 GBP. The delivery in mainland UK is 4.95 GBP. International delivery is available as well for this product from notonthehighstreet.com. This purse is made 100% from leather, has an adjustable strap and is available in 2 sizes: small and large. It doesn't matter if you are 30, you can use a small purse as well. This type of purses is recommended to very young people, but taking into consideration the design of this bag, you can wear it as well, even if you are 30 or 35. The small purse has 11 x 7.5 x 3″ and the large one has 14 x 9.5 x 4″. This second satchel has an ID pocket on the front flap, so this is definitely my recommendation.
2. This is a personalized product designed by More Than Words. It is known under the name of Personalized Destinations Shopper Bag and it costs 30 GBP. In mainland UK, the delivery of this product is free. However, you will have to wait more than 5 days, the estimated time for delivering the previous product. Because this is a personalized item, you will wait around 28 days before receiving it. This is definitely a product with which I can't imagine my grandmother. Nevertheless, I can see a 30-year-old woman using this shopper bag in a supermarket. This super practical 12 oz canvas shopping bag has 38 x 43 x 10 cm.
A woman that will be soon 40 most likely has a lot of jewelry, this is why for today I have thought to offer to a 40-year-old woman on her birthday, jewelry storage and not jewelry, the most common gift created for a lady. I bet she will be very impressed by something like this.
1. The first product is one in which you can keep your earrings or small necklaces. Meet the Personalized Ceramic Box, that is offered these days with a 15% discount. The price is now of 25.50 GBP. Let's see more about this product. First of all, it is designed by Gallery Thea. Even if you see Daddy’s Cufflinks written on the top of this box, the manufacturer can write anything; as I have said earlier, this is a personalized box in which you can place anything, not only cufflinks, which are in general worn by men. The size of this box is of 9 x 5.5 cm.
2. This is a jewelry stand, that can be at the same time considered as a decorative piece in your house. It is designed by Lavender Room and is 22 GBP. This is a lovely stand to hang necklaces, earrings and bracelets. It is available in 2 sizes: large (40 x 33 cm) and small (24 x 19 cm). If you don't like this product, you have 28 days to return it, if you want to cancel your order or simply to exchange it for another item, designed obviously by the same company. However, personalized products are not refundable, unless faulty. You need to read very attentive the return policy of this company and of any other company from which you buy items. In some cases, you don't even have the possibility of returning an item. Luckily, this company from Sussex, Great Britain, allows you to return the product, if you consider it necessary.
3. This is a very nice and unusual product where to keep your jewelry. I have to say that I am interested in jewelry storage too, but I haven't seen a product like this before. This is the Goody Two Shoes Jewelry Wrap (12.50 GBP) by Wee Treasures. This quirky handmade jewelry wrap comes with a cute shoe appliqué, the entire wrap being gift wrapped, in its turn, in tissue with a ribbon tie. If you don't like this option, you can request a gift box, but this will cost you more. The tissue and ribbon tie are included in the price. The size of this item is of 14 x 14 cm. It is ideal for traveling and also is a great gift for brides.
Before thinking of buying some birthday gifts for a friend of yours or for a family member, you have to take into consideration the gender of that person and your relationship to him/her. Let's imagine that you want to buy some toys for little girls. I have found on the Internet several products that I believe you will enjoy, not mentioning that most of them can be designed by you in your very own home, without needing to have certain craftsmanship skills. Everyone can do this, if they have the necessary tools and time.
The first product that I have selected can be created by a man, to be more precise by the father of that little girl that will receive her name written on a train. This is the Personalized Wooden Name Train, manufactured by When I Was a Kid and sold for 5 GBP on notonthehighstreet.com. The manufacturer is proud to say that all name train orders are sent within 48 hours. You need to be at home when you receive this product, because the courier will need a signature from you. Anyway, you can see the terms and conditions for buying from this manufacturer, if you enter on the aforementioned site.
Now I would like to speak about this item. It is an unusual and superb, personalized gift, that comes with the option of adding flower carriages, great for girls. If you look at this product, it doesn't have any flowers designed on it; it is simply the color of the wood. The approximate dimensions are of 7 x 5 x 3 cm. You need to know that only the front and rear engine are included in the price. The letters are sold for 2 GBP each. So if the name of your little girl is Marie, you will pay 10 GBP for the letters and 5 GBP for the front and rear carriage, this totalizing 15 GBP, the final price of the product.
A little girl, no matter her age, likes bikes as well. Especially if the bike is a toy. We recommend this Personalized Balance Bike for a little girl that has everything. It is 86 GBP. The manufacturer in this case is I Love Toys. The recommended age of this product is between 3 and 6. This wooden bike has pneumatic tires and a height adjustable seat. In the front, you can attach or detach a useful bottle holder. This is the product your girl needs before getting the real thing. You have to be prepared for hours of fun and zooming around after buying this toy.
A 55-year-old is impressed by gifts that have a meaning, this is why we will speak today only about products that are included in this “category”. They are in general cheap and most of them can be reproduced by you as well, in your own house, without having to need certain skills. However, you need to have specific tools to handle the wood or fabrics that you will use. We will present only the products, not the methods of creating them as well. These ones can be found if you search on the Internet for similar products.
1. How about a personalized bookmark? A person in his 50s most likely likes to read, so I have thought that a very good present is this personalized item. Once again, I recommend to buy this type of products, but if you have the necessary tools and if you don't want to spend money, you can create them by yourself as well. This bookmark can be bought from notonthehighstreet.com for 65 GBP. It is manufactured by Posh Totty Designs Boutique, located in East Sussex, Great Britain. The manufacturer says that this is the perfect gift for a person that has everything. It represents a lovely keepsake that can hold a message of your choice, as long as it has 18 characters (maximum). It is handmade from sterling silver in the manufacturer’s workshop in Central Brighton and has 2 cm x 5 cm.
2. Here is a more beautiful present, in my opinion, and also a cheaper one. This is the Wood Plant Theater, designed by Plant Theater, a beautiful item that costs only 33.75 GBP. Too bad that it can be delivered only in the United Kingdom. Speaking of this, estimated delivery is around 5 days. This product can have 3 colors: natural color of the wood, sage or powder blue. It is beautifully made from wood taken from sustainable sources. A great present for anyone that has a balcony, courtyard, garden, conservatory or for any person that wants to lighten up the atmosphere in their house. The manufacturer recommends that if you place this theater outside your house over the winter, to use a sheltered position, to make sure that the plants will make it through.
3. If the previous product is mostly destined to women, this one is definitely created for men, for 55-year-old men. It is another personalized item, this time created by Dougal Dog Design. It is the most expensive product presented in this list: 65 GBP. And it represents a personalized oak cock desk tidy, an eco-friendly product great for keeping your keys or other bits and bobs together.
You know how women are interested in jewelry, so if you are the husband of a woman that will soon be 50, a jewelry is the best solution.
1. On notonthehighstreet.com, you can find plenty of jewelry, most of them having low prices. The first necklace we recommend in this article is one that has the Mummy and Me signature on it. This is a registered trademark in the United Kingdom. This time we have selected their Rose Necklace Set, that is great for your wife and also for your daughter, if you have a daughter. If you don't, the little rose necklace can be worn by your wife as well. This set is designed by Lily Belle and costs 76 GBP. Roses are identical in terms of materials used, only that one of them is smaller for your little girl and the other one is bigger and is destined to your wife. The woman's chain length is of 45 cm and the child's chain length is of 36 cm.
2. A very interesting product for a wife is the Silver Bird’s Necklace and Earrings, designed by IndiviJewels. This set can be bought from notonthehighstreet.com for $50. It is made in Britain and is the definition of elegance. The products included in the Simply Silver range not only that look great with anything and on anybody, but they are also cheap. Both items, meaning the necklace and earrings, can be bought separately, but we recommend to buy them as a set, because you will receive a discount when doing this. Not mentioning that the set will come beautifully packaged in a gift box to make this gift even more special.
3. What is the symbol of love? The heart, obviously. If your wife is easily impressed by romantic things, we recommend to buy this Kara Pendant and Earrings by Carole Allen Jewelry (125 GBP). You will have to order this product at least one week before the celebration of your wife, because the product needs around 7 working days until it will reach your house. This is created for a true romantic person. As you can see, the hearts are blue, because they are enameled in shimmering turquoise. This set is handmade in Cornwall.
4. This is a again another product that is going to help you make your little one happy as well. The Just like Mummy’s Hope Bracelet Set, designed by Hurley Burley (35 GBP) contains adorable matching freshwater pearl and silver bracelets, created for an adult and also for a child. Obviously, for a girl. To make these bracelets even more special, you can personalize them.
An 18-year-old girl wants to stay updated to the fashion of her days and she always wants to be very well dressed. Unfortunately, her parents may not have enough money to buy the clothes she needs and wants, but this doesn't mean that she cannot be trendy. In this article, I will present several products that can be offered to an 18-year-old girl on her birthday, gifts that can be offered by her parents. These are cheap, just like a parent wants, and are great to add style and elegance to your girl’s outfits.
1. The first idea is represented by a personalized material badge, a product designed by reddandbrown and available on notonthehighstreet.com for 3.50 GBP. These badges can be personalized, the manufacturer allowing you to have them your way. They are hand printed with wooden block lettering and you have the possibility of choosing your own name, message or phrase you want to express. The size of this badge is of 2.5 cm. Cute, simple and personal, these are the words that can characterize it.
2. However, if you want to offer something a little bit more expensive, you can buy this Handfelted Felt and Freshwater Pearl Corsage Brooch, designed by Raspberry. It is 12 GBP and is a corsage made from merino and silk. In fact, if you want to be a good parent, you will buy this product and the previous one as well, increasing the joy of your 18-year-old girl. This product is designed in Hampshire, England.
3. Here is a product that you normally encounter at fairs: the Daisy crochet brooch in 3 colorways, manufactured by Bee@Home and sold for 15 GBP. This is a very interesting product, definitely unique, product that is crocheted with a yarn loop detail at the center. It is available in blueberry, apple green and cranberry felted yarn with a gray and black loop centerpiece. The flower has 7 cm in diameter.
4. You can decorate your room with these little flowers, but this is not their main purpose. They are created to enhance the beauty of your outfit. I'm talking about the Felt Flower Brooches, available on notonthehighstreet.com for 14 GBP. This product is sold by Isolyn, an artisan from Essex, Great Britain. It is eco-friendly and made entirely of wool. It comes in a presentation box. It has approximately 9 cm in diameter.
5. This is another Felt Flower Brooch, only that this one is designed by the Lavender Room and is cheaper, only 9 GBP. This manufacturer is located in East Sussex. The flower is made from felt and is a pretty accessory for a jacket or coat.
If you are still wondering from where you can buy 21st birthday gifts online, it means that you haven't entered notonthehighstreet.com yet. Here you can find a large range of products which can turn into beautiful gifts for your loved ones. A 21-year-old girl is usually attracted to jewelry, cosmetics, spa experiences, kitchen tools, dresses. Having this in mind, we have thought to present some products that are usually not that offered as birthday gifts. I don't understand why this happens, because they are simply amazing and they can be worn on virtually any occasion. This is the reason for which I have thought to introduce you to the world of corsages.
1. These are not only beautiful, but they are also cheap. On the site I have mentioned earlier, you can find many corsages below 20 GBP, which is simply amazing, because most of them are hand crafted and hand painted, operations that require a high amount of time. The first product we present is the Wild Rose Corsage/Hairclip, designed by Amica. This is 12 GBP and comes in 4 colors: soft berry, dusty green/rust, soft blue and soft rose. On notonthehighstreet.com, you find products that are normally not found in shopping centers. These products found on this site are sold by artisans and companies that do this for a living. For example, this Amica seller, located in Bristol, Great Britain, sells many other corsages as well and also brooches. In fact, this Wild Rose Corsage can be worn as a brooch as well, not only as a corsage. It has a size of 8 cm and is really lovely for weddings or other events that occur on a summer day.
2. Just look at this product and tell me that it isn't amazing. This is the Simple Camelia Corsage, designed by A Alicia, a manufacturer in Greater London. This corsage is 17 GBP and helps the woman that will wear it to make a statement. It is light and easy to wear and perfect to add some unique style to your outfit. It is handmade from light fair trade organic cotton and has approximately 9.5 cm.
3. A 21-year-old girl will enjoy this Rosebud Corsage/Hairclip, designed by Amica again. This one is 12 GBP, is very delicate and just like the first product, can be worn as a brooch or in your hair. It has 8 cm.
4. A product that I like very much is this Austen Corsage, manufactured by Nellie and Elsie and sold for 12 GBP. This product is made in Bucks, Great Britain, can be personalized and can have these colors: green, pink, dark blue, light blue.