A man celebrating 70 years of life is included in the Senior Men category. For his birthday, you simply cannot offer the same products that you would buy for a 40-year-old man, for example. This obviously excludes alcohol, sweets and gag gifts that could make him sick or that could shock him.
1. Luckily, the Internet has plenty of positive examples of gifts that we can buy for our grandparents or parents, that are 70. And this personalized perpetual calendar with inspirational quote is one of them. You can have everyday convenience at your fingertips with this little product. You can choose from 14 popular quotes to provide daily inspiration. You can find this gift at PersonalizationMall.com for the price of $54.95.
2. Now how about a date of birth newspaper? If you will search for products like this online, you will see that they are very popular, simply because they are Liked by many people. This would be a great method of selection as well. Search only for the products that are very well seen by the public and that have received positive reviews. Luckily, the NYT keepsake front page reprint has received only good reviews. This can be bought from The New York Times Store and is $59.95. This store offers custom printed reproductions of any from stage from September 1851 to the present.
3. Another print is this Family Coat of Arms Artwork, which is not that popular, as the previous one, but still very impressive. It is actually a little bit more expensive than the NYT print ($69.99) and represents the origin of your name by searching archives that date back to the 10th century. This print includes besides the origin of your name, its meaning and references to it throughout history. In this case, we can actually say this product is rather cheap for the work these people perform. This personalized family history print can be found at Personal Creations.
4. I believe a 70-year-old person would appreciate this pink Sun jar, because it is definitely a great product to be used with the grandchildren. This is in fact a solar powered jar ($44), that represents a fun twist on the summer ritual of catching fireflies in a jar. No wonder that this product comes from Chasing Fireflies. It may not seem like a high-tech product, but it is; it comes with a rechargeable battery, that uses the energy of the sun and also with LED lamps placed in the interior. A product like this is usually perfect for gardens or camping purposes, but it can be placed in the bedroom as well.
Our grandparents are very important to us, this is why every time we have the opportunity, we have to show them our love. In this article, I will not speak about potential presents you can buy for your grandmother/grandfather, but about a large possible gift that has to contain all the products named here. After all, during their lifetime, they have offered many things to you; so, it is about time to offer them back at least 10% of what they have offered you.
Because products bought for your grandma can differ from the ones offered to your grandpa, we will discuss in this article only about the products for your grandmother and in the one to come, about those destined to a man.
1. A gift is not a gift anymore, if it doesn't contain a bouquet of flowers. It doesn't matter what flowers; as long as you offer a bouquet, your grandmother will be satisfied. Of course, it is preferable to buy a bouquet of roses, if she likes roses or of lilies, depending on her preference, but my experience tells me that she will enjoy every bouquet, regardless the flowers type. So, the first thing you have to buy is the One Dozen Rainbow Roses, delivered by ProFlowers. It is $19.99 and comes in a free glass vase. Flowers are guaranteed to last 7 days, they are hand-picked, tied and ship to you directly. This bouquet contains 12 fresh-cut assorted color roses.
2. The next product that has to be contained in the gift is the Coach Signature Stripe Shopper Bag Tote Khaki Mahogany, a product that is $168 and is really great for a senior woman, that starts to have the tendency of enjoying earth colors, more than pink, yellow, blue, white.
3. You have to think of your grandmother's health, not only of how good she will look while wearing the bag tote mentioned earlier. No, I won't recommend to get a fitness product, nor a dietary supplement; what I want to recommend is a pair of slippers, that will ensure a great blood circulation for the feet of your grandmother. I especially like this product dedicated for women designed by Acorn. It is the women's chinchilla collar moc black, a product made from 72% polyester and 28% acrylic material having a heel measuring approximately 1 inch. The price of this pair of slippers starts from $36.39 and ends at $44.54, depending on the size.
4. Quickly, let's not forget a mystery bestseller; my recommendation for today is the Kindle edition of “Explosive Eighteen: A Stephanie Plum Novel”, written by Janet Evanovich. It is $16.78.
Turning 70 is a beautiful milestone birthday, but if you yourself aren’t in the same age group you might find it difficult to buy a 70th birthday gift. There are some thing that every 70 year old will enjoy you just have to think a little bit about them and what you know they like. Classic, comforting, elegant or funny are just a few words that could describe a perfect gift for someone turning 70.
Music is a great 70th birthday gift as the receiver has a lot of time to listen to it. Think about their tastes, if they like big band jazz you could get them a collection of Duke Ellington records. For the ones who love classical music you could get a collection of master composers. You could also make a personalized collection yourself with all the songs you know they like. If they love listening to music but only have an radio you could get them a record player.
Books are another good option when it comes to gifts for 70 year olds. Mystery, espionage or romance novels are perfect for people who like these genres. Make a classy gift to your grandma with a complete collection of Jane Austen novels. For your grandpa you could get a collection of Agatha Christie novels. If the birthday “kid’s” vision is fading you can accompany the book with a few hours of your time by reading it to them.
Subscriptions are an awesome present because they keep on giving throughout the year reminding the recipient of you each time. You could get subscriptions to their favorite magazine, their daily newspaper or a cross word puzzle magazine. Make it a little bit out of the ordinary and get them a subscription to a dinner of the month club or a chocolate of the month club.
Make their life more comfortable with gifts that make life more pleasurable. Get them a rocking chair or a fluffy monogrammed blanket. You could also get them heated slippers, cashmere sweaters and scarves. Pamper your grandma with perfume and bathing accessories and grandfather with a beautiful new shaving kit. Personalized and engraved jewelry are also a present that will be greatly appreciated by someone turning 70.
Delicious gifts are comforting and elegant and will make a great present. Bake a cake yourself or prepare them dinner. Assemble a gift basket of foods you know they love or order a retro candy gift basket that will be a sweet reminder of their youth. Buy a classy basket of wine and cheese or of an exotic assortment of chocolates. Take them out to a picnic or to a restaurant they like.
Personal and sentimental present are of course a great choice for a new 70 year old. From scrapbooks, framed photos to collages there is no limit to what you can do. Make a beautiful gift with an engraved family tree. Make a fake newspaper and ask everybody in your family to write an article dedicated to the birthday girl or boy.11